Thursday, November 18, 2010

Here's to Uncle Muzz

Last night I had a great chance to visit with my cousin Sarah and her partner Joe. She is most often jet setting around the world so we keep in touch through technology, but it is always great to be able to see each other in person. We were fortunate that our families were pretty close growing up so there was a lot of funny stories and reminiscing going on. Thinking back to last night I am noticing how many of our crazy stories revolved around her dad, my uncle Muzz (no that is not his given name, but it is what almost everyone I know has always called him...which says a lot I guess). They say every family has one... you know... that uncle. Well he is ours. Now in all fairness it might to be right to classify Muzz along with all those other uncles, because truly, there is no one quite like Muzz.

So here is to Muzz, my self declared tone deaf uncle who taught me to sing my first Buck Owens song (a la Ringo)
So here is to Muzz, and jalapeno peppers (remember Adam?)
So here is to Muzz, and late night drive by's of Niagara Falls (remember Leenie? - no you wouldn't, you were lying down and missed it and we never did go back.)
So here is to Muzz, and candy rocks (or are they candy...better watch you teeth kids)
So here is to Muzz, who is making the ukulele cool again.

And these are just a few of the stories that came out last night, but I am sure if my family reads this it will bring to mind so many other great stories.
So for making life so memorable we say...


Here's to Muzz!!

2 comments:

  1. A man who's such a taoist that he doesn't have a solid understanding of taoism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Here's to Uncle Muzz - Who is always willing to lend a helping hand. Did someone say Decks!!!!

    ReplyDelete