Friday, November 12, 2010

Free Art Friday

Yesterday was remembrance day and the rest of my family had an amazing experience at the Legion's service held here in Milton. You can read about that experience here. I had an appointment in the morning and was unable to make it there, so I found myself at home alone with some moments of quiet to remember. I watched a bit of the service from Ottawa on T.V. long enough to hear the The Last Post, a moment of silence, Taps, the bagpipe lament and the last verse of the famous poem In Flanders Fields. I was thinking about that poem that I have heard so many times, and as often happens, my reflections began to take a musical turn. Sometimes art is as much about the process as it is the final product, it is a natural part of how I reflect and explore and yesterday, in the quiet, that is what I found myself doing. I took a couple of moments to record a rough demo of the outcome. If you follow the link below you can listen to In Flanders Fields set to a tune that I wrote yesterday.

www.myspace.com/jasonmcgibbonproject

1 comment:

  1. Nice job honey! Very different from your usual rootsy style. I like it.

    ReplyDelete