Friday, November 5, 2010

Free Art Friday

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am trying to update the blog a bit more frequently. I thought that having some theme days may help me a bit. Tuesdays will be updates for our new work in Hamilton and I thought Fridays could be Free Art Friday. This will help me ensure that I am finding time to work on some artistic endeavours. In the past, I have shared songs and lyrics, which is my main artistic focus, but I thought I would share something a bit different today. I am not much of a painter, but I love to do it. Here is a painting I did while on vacation at my parents cottage this past summer. The cottage is on Georgian Bay and there are two things about the view that are just incredible. Firstly, is the Island called "Giant's Tomb" which is a pretty amazing piece of geography. Secondly, are the breathtaking sunsets that we get each night. This is my interpretation of the island during one of those sunsets.


5 comments:

  1. I had no idea you painted! Gee, I really *am* the only unartistic one in the family. I think I'll sit in the corner and solve some differential equations now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Jay! I look forward to seeing more! Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Oops, I think my comment posted as anonymous.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Math is art should you possess the means to perceive it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I do appreciate a good differential equation, I have to say nice job Jason! Another hidden talent. See you in 7 weeks!

    -Grant

    ReplyDelete