Friday, November 26, 2010

Free Art Friday

Another painting this time. This one was done at Ryerson Camp where my family spends a week each summer at family camp. My daughter T.J. loves to go to the craft shack and make crafts which is a perfect excuse for me to head in there and get out some paints myself. There is a little clump of red pines that I love. They sit atop the bluff overlooking lake Erie that is just outside the doors to the craft shack. So, I took a chance a capturing them with paint. They are far cooler in person, but at least my interpretation reminds me of being there.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this painting Jay. I love that spot too! I love it because it is one of the many 'reclaimed'areas of the camp. Once overgrown and invested with PI, it is now this inviting and beautiful spot. Thanks for sharing how you see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a great spot. I remember pitching a tent right beside it one year. Hard to imagine there was a time we would never think to go near it!

    ReplyDelete