Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Update Tuesday - Prayer Streets Story

Last week, we were able to launch our prayer street initiative in which we have endeavored to assign a prayer partner (or group) to each street in our new neighbourhood.  I thought I would pass on a great story that I heard from my mom last night.

My mom works at a public school, and recently there has been a new staff member added to the team.  One evening, this new staff member was at the school late and so my mom struck up a conversation.  As it turns out, she takes a bus to the train station in order to take the train home to Hamilton.  It was raining and so she was waiting at school rather than in the rain at the bus stop.  My mom offered to drive her to the train station and as they were driving, they were talking about Hamilton.   She told my mom that she lived on Bold St. and that it was not too far from where we will soon be living.  That, however, is not the end to the story.  When my mom got home, my Dad told her that he got an e-mail from me with the street that they could be praying for...Bold St.  It seems that God keeps bringing our attention to where He is already working and making connections.  We are excited about all that God is doing and will continue to do in our new neighbourhood.  Thanks to all those who have partnered with us in this Prayer Street Initiative.  I do have a few streets left, so if you were thinking of praying for a street then just send me an e-mail.

We are seeing God doing amazing things and so we continue to celebrate all that is happening.  I would be being less than honest, however, if I did not say that we seem to be facing a bit of spiritual push back as well.   Things around the house, our home schooling, our relationships with each other and our schedule seem fragile these days.  There is a noticeable tension and it does not take a lot to seem to push things over the edge to overwhelming.  We would appreciate your prayers for our family and the ins and outs of our daily routine.  Although it is not as exciting a thing to think and pray about, it is so foundational for our success in any other endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment