Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Update Tuesday 05/04/11

It is a bit later in the day then I usually like to get out an update, but Liam had an all day appointment in Hamilton at MacKids for his psyco-educational assessment.  While he was doing that I tried to make the most of the time in Hamilton.  I had been meaning to get together with a friend and pastor named Tim Cooper, who works at one of only two SBC works in the entire city of Hamilton.  His church is in the east end of the city, where he has been serving for many years now.  I was finally able to connect with him today, share a bit of what has been going on with us, and to hear from him about serving in the city.  He had some amazing stories to share about ministering to the city. I enjoyed hearing his heart about some of the unique groups that his church has been able to serve and about the unique neighbourhood in which his church is situated.  I appreciated all that he was able to share about the city and I look forward to hopefully being able to work together in the future. 
On a similar note, I just recently learned that the Royce family, who has been leading the only other SBC work in the city, will be transitioning out of Canada as they pursue a new calling.  Although I was looking forward to being able to work together, we wish them God's best for the future.  I can't help thinking that this may be another reason that God has laid Hamilton on our hearts.
I should also mention that while Liam was at his appointment, Kim and I were able to make a visit to the real estate agent's office and officially sign the paper work!  The offer is official with the usual conditions of a home inspection and financing, neither of which we anticipate being a problem.
Thanks to everyone who wrote me to express an interest in being a part of our new prayer initiative.  I will be working to organize that this week and will have a street name for you to be praying about.  We are also planning our next prayer walk for the afternoon of May 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment