Wednesday, July 4, 2012

CNBC Annual Convention

It was a great night last night as we gathered together just outside Montreal. It is always a great chance to see friends and colleagues from around the nation, many of whom we only see a few times a year.
Canada is large and diverse and that was certainly reflected last night. We had the opportunity to worship through music and message in English, French and Haitian Creole. It was fun for me to exercise my French ears as I tried to go without the translation device. For the most part I did alright, although I may have missed some of the jokes.
The one thing that I did not miss, however, was one of the statistics about Montreal. Growing up and ministering in the Greater Toronto Area I am used to hearing low statistics of evangelicals. In Toronto and Ontario the statistic is about 3%. In Montreal, however, it is much lower. Montreal is the world's second largest French speaking city (behind only Paris) and the percentage of evangelical Christians is 0.5%.
And so we gather, we listen and we pray. Our hearts desire is to hear from God this week. We know His heart, we know His commands to go and make disciples, we know the statistics, but we know God's power.

No comments:

Post a Comment