Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Update Tuesday 20/03/12

I am just back from a whirlwind tour at the Southern Hills Baptist Association of Ohio's On Mission Celebration.  I had the privilege of sharing at four churches between Saturday evening and Sunday.   I did have one moment where I had to stop and laugh.  I was sharing at one church at 10:00am from which I had to leave early in order to be just a bit late for the next church which was about a twenty minute drive away and whose service started at 10:45am.  They had someone waiting to greet me in the parking lot with a headset mic, whisk me into the sanctuary in time to catch the last hymn before I headed up on to a very large platform and deliver a message to this large (to my standards at least) church.  As I stood on that high platform, behind that large podium, before that large group, I could not help but remark about how different it was from the comfy chair in my living room where we have been having Tuesday evening church in Hamilton.   We experienced some wonderful hospitality, especially from Joyce who hosted our whole family at her house out in the country.  We met some great people and truly appreciated to opportunity to share about what God has been doing in and through our small group in Hamilton.
While I was gone I had to miss my Monday morning meeting with the gang down at the Beer Store but I am really happy to share that my friend George was able to step up and fill in form me.  It was really encouraging to see people willing to step in and to begin to see others willing and comfortable to participate and lead some of the work that is ongoing.
We have also begun to see our mailbox fill up each day as churches, Sunday School classes and individuals who saw our group featured in the Annie Armstrong Week of Prayer begin to send notes and cards to let us know that they are praying.  We want to thank everyone who continues to encourage, support and pray for our ministry here in Hamilton.  Your continued prayers are so invaluable and really are an essential part of anything that might be achieved here for the sake of the kingdom.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment