Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Update Tuesday 13/02/12

Let me express my sincere thanks for all the prayers, messages and calls over this past week.  As I shared last week, we moved quite quickly from a death in the family to another crisis.  We continue to work though the details of the crisis as we transition out of an acute issue to working on a plan for long term management.  We thank you for your continued prayers.
After a week that was anything but normal, I am happy to be able to get back to somewhat of a regular routine this week. 
Monday I was back at the Beer Store meeting with my group of friends who gather over the coffee and sandwiches that I bring.  After hours of walking or biking through the streets looking for cans and bottles to return for deposit, they are grateful for a hot coffee and sandwich.  Thanks to everyone who has contributed to our homeless ministry that allows me to provide this each week.  After weeks of being with them consistently I believe that there are some real relationships being formed, that there is some real trust developing and there is the beginning of some deeper conversations. 
Tonight will be the next meeting of our weekly Fellowship.   The last time we were together we were blessed by George who prepared some traditional Ghanaian food for us before spending time in worship and the Word.  I am truly appreciating the relationships that are developing.  It is great to have some great friends in the neighbourhood.   I am so looking forward to what God is going to do in and through our group as we focus on making disciples in community. 

Peanut Soup with Rice Ball - eaten with your hands...we cheated and used spoons. 


I am also looking forward to the time I spend each Wednesday morning going through discipleship stuff with a gentleman who expressed an interest in possibly starting a summer house fellowship in a cottage community north of the city.  
I also hope to be able to meet with my friend who is a student at McMaster University as we walk together through a process of equipping her to reach some of her friends and fellow students.
This week also brings a unique opportunity that I have been given, to speak at the On Mission Celebration of the South Hills Baptist Association in Ohio.  I will be sharing 4 times in two days!  I am looking forward to the opportunity to be able to share what God is doing here in Hamilton, and my kids are looking forward to visiting a Crackerbarrel!  I love when we have an opportunity to travel as a family, share about what God is doing and to reflect afresh about our calling, about the need and why we do what we do.  My family plays such a pivotal role in all that we do, they are on the front lines much of the time and they are often the first to sacrifice, so when we have an opportunity to celebrate I love it when they can be with me.
A full week indeed, but looking forward to it. 

1 comment:

  1. I pray that the God of all comfort will bring you all the joy and peace and rest your wonderful family deserves... and the crackerbarrel... what an extra blessing! I will continue in prayers for you all.
    Love you
    Bev

    ReplyDelete