Friday, March 30, 2012

Mount Dennis Girl - a new song


I am a bit nervous to post this to be honest.  For one thing it is a pretty personal song - a few thoughts that came together as I have been thinking about my Grandma since her passing just a few weeks ago.  Then there is the tension about whether its says enough or does her life justice.  It is also a quick demo with some imperfections still obvious upon listening.  There is always the question about a few imperfections vs. an honest performance.  Lastly, it has my first ever performance on pedal steel, an instrument that I am still just learning but seemed appropriate some how.
Since I can only upload video and not audio to this blog I put a few images that have begun to float around the Facebook pages of family.  Although the movie was done quickly, I still find some of the images quite striking and beautiful...I love old photos.
Anyway, I hope that it is a fitting tribute and remembrance.

1 comment:

  1. Jason this is so incredibly touching and I can't stop my eyes from tearing. Tears of loss yet tears of how remarkable of a women she truly was to have raised such a talented and caring family. I'm so proud of your tribute and the pedal steel was played beautifully.
    love Glen

    ReplyDelete