Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hamilton Update 27/03/12

 Tomorrow I have a lunch meeting.  I am excited to be able to meet with Ray as we discuss life in the city and things of the future.  Ray is one of the guys I meet each Monday morning at the Beer Store, a faithful recycler who lives in one of the many shelters we have downtown.  Ray was a bit late yesterday, but I had a feeling that he was going to show up so I hung around a bit longer than usual.  As it turns out I was correct, and Ray pulled up on his bike with his many bags of cans and bottles balanced on the handlebars.  Unlike most Mondays, Ray was alone this week as his usual partner was not well.  Being alone when he arrived, and being a bit later than usual meant that it was just Ray and I which allowed for a great conversation.  Ray has been one who has been willing to open up a bit more, and we have had the beginnings of some more in depth, personal and even spiritual conversations but they are often interrupted by something or someone.  This time on the street corner allowed us a slightly longer and deeper conversation.  It was a cold day, I had an appointment and he had to go cash in his supply, so we eventually had to end the conversation but not before making a follow up time to meet and talk, which will happen tomorrow.  I am very excited about this opportunity.  I would ask for your prayers as we meet.
On a more personal note, every year the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada hosts "Spring Sprint," an annual fundraising run/walk in Hamilton.  I am proud to say that our son Liam, who had a tumour in 2008, has decided to celebrate his 12th birthday by putting together a team to participate in this event.   The Brain Tumour Foundation was a huge support to all of us during Liam's battle and they continue to walk with our family.  I am excited to see Liam, our family and friends looking around and seeing opportunities to make a difference in our community.  If you would like more info about the Foundation or the event, would like to join Liam's team or to sponsor then feel free to follow the link below:

Liam's Titanium Craniums

No comments:

Post a Comment