Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Update Tuesday - 10/05/11

I thought that I would do something a bit different for the update this week.  I have mentioned before that I really think that Hamilton is a city in transition, finding itself in a time and place where it can and must begin to redefine itself for the future.  Kim and I where at a West Hamilton Artist Tour in our new neighbourhood this past Sunday (where artists open their doors to the public) and one of the artists noted how things are changing, how the arts are growing and how people are flooding to the city.  I don't mean to suggest that it is happening overnight or that the whole city has undergone urban revitalization, but something seems to have started.  With this in mind, let me share a link to an article from the Hamilton Spectator that my research assistant found (by which I mean my wife who has an amazing knack for finding really cool stuff about the city online).  This article mentions a number of things that are starting or have started in the city, and provides a bit of info and evidence of what we have been mentioning.

The Spec 

No comments:

Post a Comment