Thursday, March 31, 2011

KWCHEC - upcoming conference

I have been spending time over the last few days putting the final touches on two sessions that I have the privilege of leading this Saturday.  I will be at the Kitchener Waterloo Christian Home Educator's Conference where I will be sharing about "Putting the Bible in Bible Study"  and "Being a Worship Leader at Home."  I am excited to have the opportunity to share a bit of what God has been putting on my heart these past two years and about some of the practical tools that have developed along the way.  In all honesty, these topics and much of what I will share did not begin with home school in mind but with other ministry endeavors.  As is often the case, because my kids are at home, and because we do home school them, they often become my guinea pigs as we try out new ideas and discipleship tools.  I have come to the place where I no longer see them as guinea pigs (a good thing I suppose), but rather the first priority of my ministry.   Although we did not get into home schooling primarily for religious purposes at first, I have come to appreciate the unique opportunity for faith development that it enables for us.  I am really looking forward to sharing some of the insights and lessons that we have learned with others who are choosing a home based education for their children.  
Of course, these topics and ideas are not limited to home schooling so perhaps there will be further opportunities to share them in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment