Monday, May 13, 2013

Missional Monday -Prayer

Prayer, I know in my head that it is the most important foundation of any spiritual enterprise.  I must admit that of all the things that go along with a life of faith, I still find it the hardest.  If one is to truly lead a missional life, however, it must be the primary driver, for it connects us with the One whose mission it is with which are trying to participate.  

Last week I mentioned being struck by the concept of Presence and Compassion that I saw in Matthew 9:36. Interestingly, This presence and compassion lead Jesus to pray.

Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is abundant, but the workers are few. Therefore, pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.” (Matthew 9:37, 38 HCSB)

Here, Jesus, in recognition of all those who are like sheep without a shepherd, commands his followers to recognize the harvest and to pray to the Lord of the Harvest to send out workers.  

Let me encourage you, if you are seeking to be present and to have open eyes to see with compassion those around you, to pray this prayer.  I encourage you to think  about it, meditate upon it, and pray it.  As you do, and as you hear, I would truly appreciate your sharing any insights you receive.  You can share them here in a comment, e-mail me or share on FB or Twitter.  Let's Pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment