Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Greatfulness

As I sit in the lobby of the hotel on our last day here in Georgia, I am reflecting on some of our experiences here from the NAMB Send North America conference. I have so much to be grateful for.
This morning we had the privilege of meeting and sharing a little with the 2013 Annie Armstrong Week of Prayer Missionaries. It gave me pause to consider what a ride it has been for us in 2012, what an encouragement and a blessing. I am so thankful for the team at NAMB that works so hard to see that this happens, many of whom are now friends, and although separated by geography, we consider them to be special relationships.
I also had chances to connect with others at NAMB like Micah Millican and his Church Planter Relations team who have been such an encouragement to us, and we are excited about the possibility of helping them with the work here in Ontario.
I have to thank Kevin Ezell, the president of NAMB who has been doing so much, giving such great leadership, and who mentions and speaks to our Canadian context every chance he gets.
I spent the rest of the morning in a meeting with the Toronto team and with some significant partners. I came away so grateful for the team, so thankful for the partners (without whom I would not be in Hamilton doing what I am doing) and very excited for what God has in store for the future.
Lastly, I am extremely thankful for the friends, family and colleagues with whom I have had the privilege of serving over these past 11 years. We have had so many Kingdom principles and sacrificial Kingdom living modeled for us over the years that have informed who we are. I have taken for granted so much of what has been passed down, taught and modeled. From the first three families that started the first Sanctuary in Oakville, Jeff and Laura Christopherson, Garry and Anita Kolb and Jim and Joy Danielson, there has been a culture of sacrificial living and serving-"whatever it takes". I often tend to think of myself as the new guy, still learning and with little to share. Being featured in the week of prayer this year meant that people would come up and talk to us at meals or in the hallway. Older pastors serving in churches of 15-20 people would ask about reaching out to their communities. Others would ask about a new concept they heard like "giving themselves away" and what we thought that would look like. We have 11 years of great examples, and a culture of seeing this being lived out around us. I realized that I have insight to share because of what I have experienced being lived out around me. So to all those who have sacrificed around me, and even for me, as you have sought to do "whatever it takes" for the Kingdom of God, thank you. I am truly grateful.

Sorry if this one was a bit long Micah.

No comments:

Post a Comment