Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Word To My Calvinist Friends - Trevin Wax

I found myself sharing a thought with someone a few weeks ago that went something like this:

The Fruit of The Spirit (love, kindness and gentleness in particular) is not an excuse for poor doctrine,
But neither is sound doctrine an excuse for no Fruit of the Spirit. 

It always concerns me when we preach at the world with no grace, love or kindness.  It also concerns me when, within the larger body of Christ, our in house theological discussions show no evidence of grace or the Fruit of the Spirit either.  It makes me wonder about the true inspiration behind our discussions and makes me wonder about its effect on our witness to the world.

Today, over at the Gospel Coalition blog, there is an interesting piece by Trevin Wax entitled
A Word To My Calvinist Friends
that touches on one aspect of this idea.  I thought it was a great read, a great reminder and a worthwhile investment of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment