Friday, May 4, 2012

Free Art Friday 4/5/12 - The Ballade of Billy Weir

Last week I shared some lyrics based on the story of a friend of mine named Billy Weir.  Today I thought I would share a demo of the song that I managed to get recorded this week.
Bonus marks to anyone who can pick out the references to Hamilton, Ronnie Hawkins and the Band.


There are a few things that I have learned over the years that I was definitlely thinking about as I recorded this demo:
1)  Laugh all you want but country bass is way harder than you think to play and to do it well.
2)  Laugh all you want but country guitar is way harder than you think to play and to do it well.
Needless to say, I kept it simple.  Maybe one day I will get a chance to record it with my favourite Austin A-team rhythm section who could really bring it to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment