Tuesday, April 17, 2012

UPdate Tuesday 17/04/12

As I write this week's update the sauce simmering on the burner awaiting tonight's fellowship meeting, and I am looking forward to the chance to be together again.  I am excited to begin to look at the Sermon on the Mount together and see what God has to say to us about kingdom living.
I spent this morning meeting with a group from North Carolina and Pennsylvania who are here on a vision tour of the GTA.  Toronto Church Planting is hosting them and giving them a whirl-wind tour of the area and a chance to here from a number of different church planters doing great things across the region from Pickering to Hamilton.  I appreciate the investment of time and energy of folks willing to come up here and see if there are ways that they might partner and support church planting efforts here in our area. 
I would also like to take the time to express our appreciation to all those across Canada and the US who have taken time to write us over the past month or so.  Since being highlighted as missionaries in the Annie Armstrong Week of Prayer we have been receiving up to ten letters (sometimes more!) a day, with warm wishes, encouraging letters and prayer.  It is very much appreciated.   There has been such a marked increase in our daily mail that our mail carrier has really noticed a difference.  It started with some surprised looks the first few days, a few comments over the weeks and a few actual conversations (albeit short-she is at work and on the move!) about who and why people are writing us so much.  She is very surprised but also interested in the fact that so many people, from so many different places, who we do not know, would take the time to pray and write to us.  It will be interesting to see where these conversations lead.  
I thought I might close with one rather random question that I will throw out to everyone.  Does anyone know of a good place to get felt characters for a felt board?  Maybe it is because I did not grow up in the church, but I think they are pretty cool and I would love to do a few experiments with them.  Let me know.
Blessings and thanks for the continued prayer and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment