Friday, April 13, 2012

Free Art Friday 13/04/12

I just got back from the Art Crawl on James St. N in Hamilton where I took in some great art and a set by Kensington Prairie, a band that a number of my friends play in.  I was lamenting the fact that I missed posting for Free Art Friday when I realized that I still had just under a hour left of Friday, and I was staring at two very worthy pieces.
My kids participate in a Co-op each week at which they have been studying art.  They have produced some great work so far, and this week they each brought home their first foray into acrylic landscapes.  I know that I am partly having a proud dad moment, but I think their works are great and so I thought I would highlight them here.  Below are two paintings of the same subject, one by Caroline and one by Liam (you can tell them by the initials in the bottom right corner). 



Great job guys!
I have not had the chance to meet their teacher, but she did an amazing job this semester at walking them through different mediums and styles, helping them to create some amazing work and developing a real appreciation for a wide selection of works and masters.

1 comment: