Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where Do You See Yourself in 5 years?

Have you ever taken a look at your life and wondered how did I ever get here.  Or at least look back and think "there is no way that I would have ever imagined being where I am today."  I have that thought all the time.  Could I have ever imagined having a child?  Not really.  What about adopting two more?  Hardly.  What about adding a fourth?  No way!  Could I ever have seen myself as a pastor?  I would never have seen that one coming!  Well, how about being a church planter, especially in Hamilton?  I would have said "a church what?"  and Hamilton...well there would have been something derogatory I am sure.  All this is to say that when I think back 15 to 20 years I don't think I would have ever been able to imagine where I am today.
I have come to the place where I know better than to guess my future.  It never seems to be what I expect, especially now that God is a part of it.  God has this way of shaking things up!  But I did have this thought today, where do you see yourself in five years?  I do not mean to presume upon the future, and as I say, I have learned that God does not need to follow my plan and schedule, but I wonder what things might look like.  It might be fun to speculate, if only to see how radically different things end up from what I might expect.
So how about you?  Where do you see yourself in five years?  Do you have any thoughts, any clues, any indication of where your life may be heading?  Has God been stirring in your heart about some possible changes that will see your life head in a very different direction?  Do expect to stay the course?
I would love to hear about what you come up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment