Friday, January 14, 2011

Free Art Friday 14/01/11

My wife has had this wish to go to New York city together for  a number of years now.   She has been a few times, once with work and another time with a group of friends and each time she has come back saying "I really want to go with you."  I think that she really wants to do a carriage ride in Central Park, but that you can only really have the full experience if you are with the love of your life.  The dream is not all hers however, as there are many things that I would love to try to see with her when visiting New York.  We have talked about it, almost made it a few times and she even got some money from a big birthday bash her friends held for her.  So far, however, it has just not panned out for one reason or another.  This past anniversary I wanted to let her know that we have not given up on the dream, even though it looks like it may have to wait for a while again.  With that in mind, I painted this picture as a bit of a joke, so that we can have New York come to us until we can manage to get there ourselves.


 

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo and what is wrong with wanting to have a carriage ride with you in Central Park? I also want to explore the rest of the city with you and have a bit of an adventure. You know you are my favourite person to do a road trip with. Who know maybe we will make it happen this spring??

    ReplyDelete