Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday Art-18-22 King St E


There has been a lot of discussion of late about 18-22 King St E in Hamilton.  It was going to be torn down, then it wasn't, then fences went up and machinery moved in and then once again it was stalled.  A lot of discussion then turned to the facade facing Gore Park and how much (or little) could be saved to satisfy the heritage question.  I will leave those discussions for others, but will only say that the back of the building is my favourite part.  Above, is a painting that I did a few years ago.  For some reason it was always the architectural features of the back that caught my eye and captured my imagination.  A slightly different, and more shocking view is scene below.
Fencing, a fuel tank and an excavator behind 18-28 King Street East (Image Credit: Eric McGuinness)
Photo taken from www.raisethehammer.org

No comments:

Post a Comment