Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday Art - Upcoming Gig

A number of years ago my friend Liz was working as a kindergarten teacher at a local Christian School.  One day she was telling me a story about one of her students who was recounting a bible story about Jesus and his "Recyclers."  It made me laugh right out loud and I thought to myself, "that would make a great name for a band."  Here I am a few years later and I find myself starting a work in Hamilton in which I spend each Monday morning on a street corner, ministering to guys who go through recycling boxes looking for recycleables to return to the Beer Store for deposit.  I am not Jesus, but they are definitely recyclers, and I do think that Jesus is there with us each Monday morning.   Well, I am happy to announce my first gig under the band name "Jesus and the Recyclers."  A few friends will be joining me on May 11th for an acoustic set during which I will be playing some songs that have come from the streets of Hamilton.  We are playing at a fundraising event for a non-profit organization named Student Open Circles here in the city.  Below is a link to the organization with details about the event.

May 11th Fundraiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment