Friday, November 25, 2011

Free Art Friday 25/11/11

I decided to venture out of the familiar and begin to experiment with mixing greens.  I spent a few hours just practicing mixing yellow with both blue and black just to start to get a handle on what can happen.  The piece below is not actually what I came up with.  At the end of the session, I took the paper that I had been experimenting on and began to wipe off my brushes.  I then took some of the leftover pigments and just slopped them on the page as well so they wouldn't end up gunking up the kitchen sink.  Part way through the clean up I started to like what was on the page...so that is what you have below.  Cleaning up Green:



I really have to get better at photographing these things.  Who ever thought that learning to paint would mean learning photography and photo editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment