Friday, November 18, 2011

Free Art Friday 18/11/11

If you have been following the Free Art Friday portion of the blog you will have seen a number of paintings Inukshuks from a series I have been working on.  As well as being Inukshuks that I have built at my cottage, the paintings have also used the same pallet as I have been experimenting with ultramarine blue and burn umber along with a bit of white an black.  Well, as I have been thinking and experimenting with these colours I also thought I might work it in to some lyrics at some point.  The first line of these lyrics comes out of those thoughts and I went on to finish a short songs worth of lyrics over the following few weeks.  I have been working on putting them to music and have something that I think I am happy with so  maybe I will get a recording up at some point as well.  Until that time, here are the lyrics I cam up with:

There's too much umber in the blue of the sky today,
And it's making the sky a dirty, hazy grey.
The sky kind of matches this feeling in my heart today,
Drizzling rain on the windshield, rhythm of the wiper blades
I'm singing blue, rhythm blue
I'm singing blue, rhythm blue
Colourless washes are bleeding 'cross the canvas today,
I'll just whistle a tune to get me through the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment