Thursday, April 29, 2010

Get Outside


It is a beautiful, warm, sunny day and I am listening to the many sounds of birds sitting amoung the fresh blossoms on the trees around me as an early spring comes into full bloom. I am sitting on my balcony with a cup of coffee and my laptop open realizing that I am way too distracted by this glorious day to try to come up with a topic for my blog this week. But it has just hit me that maybe that in and of itself is enough for this week. It is brilliant out. It is beautiful so get out and enjoy it. I don't need to point out all the analogies to be drawn between spring, new life and our spiritual journey. I don't need to remind you of all the passages in scripture that talk about creation and nature and how it can be a useful tool for our spiritual life. I don't need to tell you how it can be good for you physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. In am reminded, however, that we in Ontario are reading about getting a failing grade when it comes to encouraging our children to get enough physical activity in a day. So get outside. That is my blog today...get outside. Go for a walk, plan a hike, ride your bike, take your lunch break outside. Whatever or however you do it, get outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment