Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Update Tuesday 6/03/12

Today is the day during the Annie Armstrong Week of Prayer for North American Missions that our ministry is being highlighted.  Thousands of people in churches all across North America are reading about and praying for what we are doing here in Hamilton.  We feel so privileged to be a part of this, and so grateful for all of the prayer, support and notes of encouragement that we are receiving.  As it turns out, the timing has been a bit strange but perhaps appropriate as well.  On Saturday I lost my Grandma.  I spent much of Friday and Saturday with my family walking with them as both pastor and grandson.  I had an amazing conversation with my Grandmother about Jesus, what He has done for us, His promised return and the promise of new, perfect, resurrection bodies.  We both smiled at the appropriateness of the last part.  She even spoke of how great it would be to see her sister again.  I am confident that she is with her sister now and that she is with Jesus.   
After a late night Saturday that bled into the early hours of Sunday, we awoke Sunday morning to face another family crisis that we continue to work through.  So today as we work on the details of determining next steps, it is comforting to know that thousands of people are holding us in prayer. 

If I have been a bit slow to respond to a note, please forgive me.  I will be working to catch up on things in the coming days.  We appreciate all the continued support.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jason,

    My church prayed for your family and your ministry a few weeks ago. I know it is hard to lose a grandparent, especially one who sounds as special as your grandmother. We will be praying for you again this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete