Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Update Tuesday - Christmas Wish List

Dear Lord,

Since I am uncertain about the validity of the man in red's actual existence, and since these things would not fit neatly into a stocking anyhow, I thought that perhaps You were the one to whom I would write my Christmas list this year.  When I think about our work here in Hamilton there are three things in particular that I would like to ask from You.

1)  Prayer - I thank you for all those who continually hold up this ministry in prayer.  I would ask that you might continue to bring us to the heart and mind of individuals and groups who would continue to turn to You on our behalf.  We truly covet the prayers of the saints.  Help us grow as people of prayer as well.   Everything else that we do or ask for is contingent upon prayer so this is my first request.

2)  Power - Again this does not fit into a stocking and it certainly is beyond the scope of the jolly, red jiggly one.   Would you grant that the power of your Spirit would become obvious and tangible in our ministry, that we might see lives truly transformed.  I am asking to see Your power, a power that is the gospel unleashed, God's power for salvation.

3)  People - We , of course, are always looking for new people to join us, but my Christmas request is a bit more specific.  There are two people in particular that I am hoping for, people who would help to complement what I am doing by covering some of the areas in which I am personally a bit weaker.
  1. An Outgoing Type - although You have shown much grace and provided opportunities thus far, I am not naturally that outgoing and am not the best at meeting new people.  I could really use someone who is great at meeting people to get excited about our ministry and want to plug in.  Moving forward this would be such a valuable person to ensure we continue to grow and reach out.  
  2.  An Administrative Type - apparently these type of people exist, people who love to organize and make little details happen.  I would be very appreciative to be able to benefit from the help of someone like this.  As the coming year approaches, and I think to all the things that could be accomplished, someone who loves to fulfill this type of role would be such a blessing.  
So that is my list.  I have no chimney for anyone to come down, and these things may not fit under a tree, but never the less, we would be so grateful should You see fit to bless us in this way.   

No comments:

Post a Comment